Alloy 20 / 254 SMO / AISI 4130 Forged Fittings Manufacturers in India
Alloy 20 / 254 SMO / AISI 4130 Forged Fittings Manufacturers, Threaded and Socket Weld Fittings in the Grade Alloy 20, 254 SMO, and AISI 4130:
What is Forged Fittings:
Forged threaded and socket weld fittings are fittings made of forged steel. The process of manufacturing forged fittings includes: cutting and heating billets, putting pressure on heated billets under dies into the desired shape, trimming, and shot blasting. Then machine forged blank fittings for net shape and dimensions. The Dimensions of forged steel fittings usually conform to ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) B16.11.
What is Alloy 20:
Alloy 20 also popularly known as Carpenter 20 alloy, is a nickel-iron-chromium-based, austenitic alloy with excellent corrosion resistance in chemical environments containing sulfuric acid and many other aggressive media. It is largely used in the industries such as chemical processing, petrochemical and refining, marine, pharmaceutical, and food processing.
- Alloy 20 Forged Fittings Size: 1/8″~4″ (DN6~DN100).
- Alloy 20 Forged Fittings Pressure Class: 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, 9000LBS.
- Alloy 20 Forged Fittings Dimension: ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799.
- Alloy 20 Forged Fittings Threads: ISO, DIN, NPT, BSPT.
What is 254 SMO:
254 SMO is a stainless steel grade and it is a very high-end austenitic stainless steel; mainly comprised of between 19.5% and 20.5% chromium, 17.5% to 18.5% nickel, 6% to 6.5% molybdenum and .18% to .22% nitrogen. It is designed with a combination of impact toughness resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking and pitting and crevice corrosion with a strength twice that of the stainless steel 300 series stainless steel.
Industries that use UNS S31254: Flue gas desulfurization, Chemical, Food Processing, Desalination, Pulp and Paper, and Pharmaceutical.
- 254 SMO Socket Weld / Threaded Fittings Size: 1/8″~4″ (DN6~DN100).
- 254 SMO Socket Weld / Threaded Fittings Pressure Class: 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, 9000LBS.
- 254 SMO Socket Weld / Threaded Fittings Dimension: ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799.
- 254 SMO Forged Fittings Threads: ISO, DIN, NPT, BSPT.
What is AISI 4130:
Alloy steels are designated by AISI four-digit numbers. Grade 4130 is a low alloy C-steel containing chromium and molybdenum as strengthening agents. AISI 4130 is also commonly referred to as Chromoly steel or chrome moly steel. It can be welded easily because of the low carbon content in it. This low-alloy steel finds many applications as forgings in the aerospace and oil and gas industries – as forged valve bodies and pumps –, as well as in the automotive, agricultural, and defense industries.
Grade 4130 steel should be forged between 1230 and 950 º C (2250 and 1750 º F). The lower the finishing temperature from forging, the finer will be the grain size. Suppose the 4130 alloy steel is forged at too low a temperature. In that case, there is a risk of forming a non-uniform structure in certain areas of the forged part, necessitating a normalizing treatment, prior to further heat treatment.
- AISI 4130 Forged Fittings(Socketweld / Threaded) Size: 1/8″~4″ (DN6~DN100).
- AISI 4130 Forged Fittings(Socketweld / Threaded) Pressure Class: 2000LBS, 3000LBS, 6000LBS, 9000LBS.
- AISI 4130 Forged Fittings(Socketweld / Threaded) Dimension: ASME 16.11, MSS SP-79, 83, 95, 97, BS 3799.
- AISI 4130 Forged Fittings Threads: ISO, DIN, NPT, BSPT.
TYPES OF FORGED FITTINGS MANUFACTURED IN GRADE AISI 4130, 254 SMO, and Alloy 20:
- Couplings – This is used to join two plain end pipes together.
- Elbows 45° and 90° – Used to make a 45-degree direction change in piping and a 90-degree turn in small piping respectively.
- Half-Couplings – They’re used on big lines as a small bore branch.
- Crosses – They are used sparingly because it is preferable to use two Tees for procurement.
- Union – It is used to connect pipes of various diameters in cases where the pipe is dismantled frequently.
- Tees – Using these fitting branches are connected at a 90° angle.
- End Caps or Pipe Caps – They are used to close the dead end of a small bore pipe with a plain end.